Using a library automation software helps to take a huge amount of workload off the librarians in terms of acquisitions, cataloging, and circulation. It enables them to serve their patrons better. Moreover, integrating a library management software solution in schools or colleges or universities make it way easier to find books and manage/view the stockpiling arrangement. This further enhances the book collection of a library, as the librarians can weed out the outdated ones and order the latest versions so that the collection of the library stays sustainable. In need of such automation?
Some Features of the Library Management System (LMS).
- Keep the record of different categories like; Books, Journals, Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
- Classify the books subject wise.
- The easy way to enter new books.
- Keep the record of complete information of a book like; Book name, Author name, Publisher’s name, Date/ Year of publication, Cost of the book, Book purchasing date/ Bill No.
- The easy way to make a check-out.
- The easy way to make a check-in.
- Automatic fine calculation for late returns.
- Different criteria for searching a book.
- Different kind of reports like; total no. of books, no. of issued books, no. of journals, etc.
- The easy way to know how many books are issued to a particular student.
- The easy way to know the status of a book.
- Event calendar for a librarian to remember their dates.
- My Notes section for the librarian to write any note.
- Online access for a registered user to see the status of their books.
- Completely cloud-based Library Management System.
- No need to invest heavily on Hardware